"After Acquired Cause"
This is not a new paper but is a new addition to my WebSource. Michael A. Watt, of Alexander, Holburn, Beaudin & Lang, wrote a paper on "After Acquired Cause" for the Employment Law Conference (Continuing Legal Education Society of BC) in May 2005.
The paper addresses the following issues:
- The Principle-A Review of the Ability to Rely Upon After Acquired Cause to Justify Summary Termination
- Pre-Employment Conduct
- Conduct During Working Notice Period
- Post Termination Conduct
- Time for Alleging Cause
- Burden of Proof-Is the Test for Establishing After Acquired Cause Higher?
- Condonation-What is the Effect of Prior Knowledge of the Conduct by the Employer?
- Risks-What are the Penalties for the Unsuccessful Defendant?