Duty to Mitigate
The Statistics Canada Labour Force Survey for April 2012 is out and contains the following statistics of interest:
- The unemployment rate declined from 7% in March to 6.2% in April 2012.
- Continuing an upward trend that began in February 2011, employment in British Columbia increased by 20,000 in April.
- Compared with 12 months earlier, employment growth was 2.1%, the third-highest of all provinces.
- Since the unemployment rate peaked at 8.7% in February 2011, it has gradually declined to 6.2% in April.
National read more »
"Changing Employment Terms—Developments in Constructive Dismissal" is the title of a paper that Richard E. Press of Davis LLP in Vancouver, BC prepared for the Employment Law Conference held on May 2011 (Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia).
The Table of Contents is as follows:
- Constructive Dismissal-The Basics
- Responding to Repudiation of the Employment Agreement
- Condoning Changed Terms.
- Non-Legal Strategies to Have an Employee Accept Changed Terms